Minor in Engineering Leadership
The Minor in Engineering Leadership Development will prepare engineering students for life-long leadership roles in education, industry, and government. The minor will complement the technical skills and knowledge students acquire during their academic careers to better prepare them for leadership and collaborative roles in their professional futures. Students in the A. James Clark School of Engineering may earn a Minor in Engineering Leadership Development by completing coursework which focuses on communication, global awareness, project management, understanding oneself and working effectively with others.
Requirements for a Minor in Engineering Leadership Development
The Minor in Engineering Leadership Development consists of 16 credit hours. A maximum of six credits may also count toward the student’s major, and no more than six credits may be taken at an institution other than the University of Maryland College Park. All courses counted toward the minor must be completed with a C- or better. The following courses are required:
- ENES 317: Introduction to Engineering Leadership (3 credits, DSSP)
- ENCE 320: Engineering Project Management (3 credits)
- ENES 472: International Business Cultures in Engineering and Technology (3 credits, DVCC)
- ENES 424: Engineering Leadership Capstone Course (3 credits)
- EDHI 338: Intergroup Dialogue (1 credit)
- Elective: Requires advisor approval. List of approved electives. (3 credits)
- ENES 317, ENCE 320, and ENES 472 must be taken before ENES 424
Minor Requirements and Policies
- At least nine (9) credits must be at the upper level (300 or 400 level) and at least six (6) of the upper level credits must be resident credits at the University of Maryland.
- No more than six (6) credits may be transferred from another institution to count toward the minor.
- No more than six credits can double count between a student’s major and minor.
- No courses can double count between two minors.
- Students must earn a grade of “C-” or better in all courses used for a Minor.
Register for the Minor
To register for the Minor in Engineering Leadership Development, complete this form.
Ramsey Jabaji, Assistant Director
International and Leadership Programs
A. James Clark School of Engineering
University of Maryland
1131 Glenn L. Martin Hall
College Park, MD 20742-3011